Contact:

Contact:

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Ancient Art of Buttonholing!

Since moving to Vero Beach, we have had many of our neighbors knock on our door and after introducing themselves, invited us to their church, letting us know we would be welcome. I thought to myself, "How wonderful"!

Of course, as a Salvationist, I have my own place of worship but, nonetheless, I was pleased that they cared enough about us and were so excited about their church, that they thought to invite my wife and I.

My wife and I visited Royale Palm Pointe to see the dolphins. While there, a senior couple we were passing said hello and we struck up a conversation. Soon they were telling us about all of the activities, during the Christmas season, at their church and they invited us to attend. How exciting it was to listen as they shared their faith and the ministry of their fellowship.

Maybe we all should go back to the old method of knocking on doors and 'buttonholing' strangers! I think many just might say "Yes, I'll come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble with your comment being accepted, use the 'anonymous' category. If you wish, you can then add your name at the end of your comment in the comment box.