Contact:

Contact:

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Remembering the Saints!

I remember when I first accepted the Lord, many years ago. I was twelve years old. I found myself taking my Bible to school with me and often telling my classmates how much it meant to me being a Christian. One day a young student approached me in the school hallway and told me that he was taking a survey in the school as to how many different denominations were represented in the student body. (Y
ou could do that in those days) I told him The Salvation Army was my church. He was much shorter than I and, looking up at me, he had a confused expression on his face. Scratching his head, he said, "Gary, I asked you what church you went to, not where you bought your clothes"! How I have enjoyed telling that story ever since!

Well, I was, indeed, raised in a God fearing family whose church was, and is, The Salvation Army. Methodist in theology, The Army taught the basics of the faith and encouraged me to live rightly before God and the world. While I have not always succeeded at that, I still "press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:14)

I am thankful to those saints in the Army who have had such a great influence on my life and living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble with your comment being accepted, use the 'anonymous' category. If you wish, you can then add your name at the end of your comment in the comment box.