Contact:

Contact:

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How Much Time Do We Give to Prayer?

Do you know someone who is ill and experiencing great physical and/or emotional difficulty? I am distressed over the numbers of friends I have who are having such a rough way to go. I always take a moment most days to pray for them but I am wondering if this is enough. 

Perhaps I (we) need to be setting aside a significant block of time to pray for our friends and relatives....something more than
 a brief prayer of petition. Maybe an hour, maybe more. I know, it seems like a long time to block everything else in life out and focus on one thing for such an extended period of time.

But is this too long, really? I don't think so. Our family and friends need to be lifted up and lifted up regularly with a real commitment to extended prayer.

God is waiting to hear from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble with your comment being accepted, use the 'anonymous' category. If you wish, you can then add your name at the end of your comment in the comment box.